Parkside Apartments are committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
Terms used within this policy if not defined herein use the definition provided in the Privacy Act.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
1 The Privacy Act currently defines “Personal Information” as meaning information or an opinion ……… about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
b. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
c. whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
Examples of Personal Information that is collected:
Credit and debit card number or other payment data;
Date and place of birth;
Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data;
In more limited circumstances, we may also collect:
Data about family members and companions, such as names and ages of children;
Driver’s Licence; Images and video and audio data via security cameras located in public areas, such as hallways and lobbies, in our properties; and commenting or opinion about a person (“Personal Information”).
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including forms you complete, interviews, meetings, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.parksidesydney.com from attending our events, from business cards you provide, to other publicly available sources, from cookies in our website and from third parties.
We may also collect information about your preferences that we use to make your current and future stays and experience with us more enjoyable, including information about your interests and other
relevant information about you that we learn about. This may also include any likes and dislikes about our services that you tell us about so that we can improve our services, and health restrictions to ensure your wellbeing. We may also collect your “Personal Preferences.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, complying with the law, We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
Security of Personal Information
We exercise best practice internal procedures and policies to ensure safety of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information encompasses all data that Parkside Apartments is capable of correlating with you, using such means as server-logs and cookie-contents.
Your Personal Information does not refer to data that can no longer be associated with you. This includes aggregated data that does not and cannot identify the individuals whose data are included in the aggregation.
Parkside Apartments will not, provide your Personal Information to any third party to market for any third party.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 5 years.
Disclosure refers to making your Personal Information available to any party other than Parkside Apartments and you. The term disclosure may include many different conditions of data transfer, including selling, renting, trading, sharing and giving.
Parkside Apartments undertakes to disclose Personal Information only under the following circumstances:
a in the course of business being conducted between you and Parkside Apartments, where disclosure is necessary to a contractor;
b. in other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between you and
c. Parkside Apartments at the time of data collection or subsequently;
d. with your consent, or at your request;
e. where required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena. In these circumstances, Parkside Apartments will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to you that the disclosure has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law;
f where permitted by law (eg. the reporting of suspected breach of the criminal law to a law enforcement agency; and in an emergency, where Parkside Apartments believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of Personal Information will materially assist in the protection of the life or health of some person), provided that Parkside Apartments will apply due diligence to ensure that the exercise of the permission is justifiable.
In all cases, Parkside Apartments undertakes to disclose only such of Personal Information as is necessary in the particular circumstances.
Data Retention and Destruction
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, Parkside Apartments undertakes:
• to retain Personal Information only as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
• to destroy Personal Information when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that Personal Information is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
• Personal Information may be retained in Parkside Apartments logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect the company’s operations. In such cases, Personal Information will be destroyed in accordance with those cycles;
• Personal Information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances, Parkside Apartments
• will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to you that Personal Information is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
• will only retain Personal Information while that provision is current, and will then destroy Personal Information;
• Personal Information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if it is authorised by law (in particular to protect Parkside Apartments’ interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that you have failed to fulfil your undertakings to Parkside Apartments or have committed a breach of the criminal law). In these circumstances, Parkside Apartments will only retain Personal Information while that situation is current, and will then destroy Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing by email, post or in person.
Parkside Apartments will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Where Personal Information is disclosed to a contractor, Parkside Apartments undertakes to make information available to you on request about the manner in which PSA’ contractors handle Personal Information.
Parkside Apartments undertakes to ensure that the information provided is meaningful, and addresses your concerns.
not to seek such information for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently; and
to accept that the disclosure of excessive detail may harm the security of Personal Information and PSA’ business processes, and may harm Parkside Apartments’ commercial interests.
Parkside Apartments reviews and monitors its Personal Information handling process annually to ensure it is adopting best practice.
Handling of Enquiries, General Concerns and Complaints
If you have any enquiries, general concerns, or complaints about this policy, or about
Parkside Apartments’ behaviour in relation to this policy, you undertake:
• to communicate them in the first instance:
• to Parkside Apartments only;
• in sufficient detail;
• through a channel made available by Parkside Apartments for that purpose;
Parkside Apartments undertakes:
to provide one or more channels for communications to Parkside Apartments, which are convenient to users;
to promptly provide acknowledgement of the receipt of communications, including the provision of a copy of the communication, the date and time it was registered, and Parkside Apartments’ reference-code for the communication;
to promptly provide a response to the communication, in an appropriate and meaningful manner.
You further undertake to not pursue Parkside Apartments through any Regulator or the media:
• until and unless Parkside Apartments has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication;
• while Parkside Apartments and you are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter; and
• complaints to Parkside Apartments should be directed to the email address at the end of this policy
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your Personal Information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by Parkside Apartments and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Parkside Apartments declares that its undertaking in this policy are intended to create legal obligations, and that those obligations are intended to be enforceable under appropriate laws in appropriate jurisdictions. These include laws relating to data protection, privacy, fair trading, corporations and criminal laws.
You undertake to seek enforcement only in a jurisdiction that is relevant to the transactions that have taken place between you and Parkside Apartments, in particular the jurisdiction in which you live or in which you performed the relevant acts, and the jurisdiction in which Parkside Apartments is domiciled or performed the relevant acts.
Changes to These Privacy.
Parkside Apartments undertakes:
• not to unilaterally make any material change to this policy in a manner that reduces the protections for Personal Information;
• to take all practicable steps to prevent any company that acquires Parkside Apartments or any of its relevant assets from materially changing this policy applicable to Personal Information in a manner that reduces the protections for Personal Information;
• where it is considering making changes to these terms, or creating more specific policy relating to specific services, to consult with appropriate representative and advocacy organisations;
• where it makes changes to this policy, to ensure that the differences between successive versions are readily accessible;
• to maintain all prior versions of this policy in such a manner that they are dated, and readily accessible.
Credit information and our Credit Reporting Policy
The Privacy Act contains provisions regarding the use and disclosure of credit information, which applies in relation to the provision of both consumer credit and commercial credit.
Address: PO Box 4590 North Rocks NSW 2151